Most experts recommend that you give yourself a once-over at least once a month if you have a lot of moles or are at high risk for skin cancer, and at least quarterly otherwise. Skin self-exam is quick, easy, and could save your life!
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror. Examine the front and back of your body, then raise your arms and examine your right and left sides for any unusual spots, markings or moles, especially those that may have changed shape or color.
- Bend elbows and look carefully at your forearms, upper underarms and palms.
- Look at the back of your legs and feet, as well as the spaces between your toes and the soles of your feet.
- Using a hand mirror and the full-length mirror, examine the back of your neck and your scalp, parting your hair as necessary for a closer look.
- Using the hand mirror, check your back and buttocks.
Ads By Google::